Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Allocating RAM to Graphics Card

K4L1LBR

Registered
Jan 2, 2019
Good afternoon.
I have a dell notebook that I use to play games, and I am trying to improve its performance at least a bit. My notebook specifications are the following:
Windows 10
Intel core i5 7th gen
8gb ram
Intel hd graphics 620
1tb hd
So, my question is, if I allocate 1024mb of ram into my graphics card, will I have a better performance in games? And will I be able to play games that require, for example, 512mb of vram to play (even though it's not a good gaming graphics card)? Games like arma 3 (Requirements | Arma 3) and battlefield 3 (Requirements Test...), for example. Because in theory, I could play, as I attend all requirements when it comes to numbers.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen desktop system bios having options to allocate ram for iGPU which can range from 32MB to I guess 256 or 512 MB. I think this could be the max limit of how much ram could be used for graphics. So i'm not sure if your notebook's bios has the same feature. You've got to check it yourself in bios. However you would hardly see a difference other than decreased RAM for other tasks as iGPUs are not as capable as the discrete GPUs.

I've seen desktop system bios having options to allocate ram for iGPU which can range from 32MB to I guess 256 or 512 MB. I think this could be the max limit of how much ram could be used for graphics. So i'm not sure if your notebook's bios has the same feature. You've got to check it yourself in bios. However you would hardly see a difference other than decreased RAM for other tasks as iGPUs are not as capable as the discrete GPUs.
IGPU? Integrated Graphics?
I guess it's only possible with integrated graphics like Intel.