Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Question Asking for advice from Expert Builder here!

faisalrbn

Noobie
May 19, 2020
Dear Masters, I'm relatively new to PC building. I planned to build a mid/High end Gaming PC next year with a budget around $2000 - $2300, so I decided to try a PC Building Simulator on random computer website and here is what I came up with. Now my question is:

1. Is it good enough? Am I missing something, or one part(s) is just not capable with another?
2. Is there any substitution for any of these parts to reduce unnecessary cost, but has the same quality and performance capability?

Thank you for your time and the priceless knowledge.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: pr0ph3t
Yeah, 7th gen is good and powerful but now 10th gen is out so any way you are building a PC then build one that won't get outdated soon. Are you a team blue person? AMD has great offerings bro! Like for under $440 you can get Ryzen 9 3900X, that's 12 cores at your disposal, and has a max boost of 4.6Ghz also maybe you can overclock and reach 4.9 -5+ Ghz when paired with a good cooler

Yeah, 7th gen is good and powerful but now 10th gen is out so any way you are building a PC then build one that won't get outdated soon. Are you a team blue person? AMD has great offerings bro! Like for under $440 you can get Ryzen 9 3900X, that's 12 cores at your disposal, and has a max boost of 4.6Ghz also maybe you can overclock and reach 4.9 -5+ Ghz when paired with a good cooler
Hey Arjun, thank you for your advice. Well I don't consider as a "team blue" myself, that's why I made this threat, to acknowledge this "better quality but lower price" stuff. Thanks to you, Now I can compare between Intel and AMD for the greater good.
Do you have any recommendation(s) on any other core element(s) such as RAM, Graphic Card or even SSD on my building plan?
Sorry to bother you with all of these question mate, but I'm new and I need A LOT of advice from experienced PC builder

Hey Arjun, thank you for your advice. Well I don't consider as a "team blue" myself, that's why I made this threat, to acknowledge this "better quality but lower price" stuff. Thanks to you, Now I can compare between Intel and AMD for the greater good.
Do you have any recommendation(s) on any other core element(s) such as RAM, Graphic Card or even SSD on my building plan?
Sorry to bother you with all of these question mate, but I'm new and I need A LOT of advice from experienced PC builder
If you plan to go AMD then choose an AM4 socket motherboard. You should be fine with any B450 or X470 chipset motherboard but since AMD Zen3 is nearly out and even tho AMD says they will add support for it to B450 and X470 chipsets it will be better if you can get a B550 or X570 chipset board so that you will have more headroom o upgrade the CPU later. Don't get too confused with the X and B in chipsets, X gives more potential to overclocking an so on.

If you plan to go AMD then choose an AM4 socket motherboard. You should be fine with any B450 or X470 chipset motherboard but since AMD Zen3 is nearly out and even tho AMD says they will add support for it to B450 and X470 chipsets it will be better if you can get a B550 or X570 chipset board so that you will have more headroom o upgrade the CPU later. Don't get too confused with the X and B in chipsets, X gives more potential to overclocking an so on.
Thanks man, this is very helpful, already added an X470 motherboard to my purchase list.

What about graphic card? Do you have your any personal preference(s) regarding which manufacturer produce the best but relatively lower on cost for an equivalent quality and performance graphic cards?
I personally would love to kill/overkill The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2, so that I could play these 2 on 4K with 60+fps.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
What about graphic card? Do you have your any personal preference(s) regarding which manufacturer produce the best but relatively lower on cost for an equivalent quality and performance graphic cards?
I personally would love to kill/overkill The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2, so that I could play these 2 on 4K with 60+fps.
If you wanna play these games at 4k with stable 60+ fps then you should be looking at RTX2080 or the Ti version.