Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solved Best budget Graphics Card with no extra power requirements

Tutman

Noobie
May 7, 2020
I currently have a Geforce GT 740 and want to upgrade but have budget restraints. Looking for at least 4gb and prefer to only have motherboard power consumption but only one power plug needed will not be a deal breaker! Any suggestions? (Wish I could afford the latest and greatest!)

I built my <$1000 PC in October and went with an EVGA 1660 Ti SC Gaming Ultra at the suggestion of my tech guru...who pretty much decided the entire parts list. It's about $270 including rebate, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It takes an extra connector from the PSU.
Is that a larger sized card? I don't have too much case room, with a mini atx motherboard.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
Is that a larger sized card? I don't have too much case room, with a mini atx motherboard.

It's not that big. It's pretty medium in every way I think. 2 expansion slots.

Form Factor & Dimensions
Max GPU Length 202 mm
Card Dimensions (L x H)7.96" x 4.38"
Slot Width
Dual Slot

Here is how it looks in my Cougar MX-330

94780501_678157039664449_1749784277957869622_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tutman and pr0ph3t
I currently have a Geforce GT 740 and want to upgrade but have budget restraints. Looking for at least 4gb and prefer to only have motherboard power consumption but only one power plug needed will not be a deal breaker! Any suggestions? (Wish I could afford the latest and greatest!)
I think, the best you can get for that price is, just a 1050ti (i am not talking dimensions).

Reactions: pr0ph3t