Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best Desktop CPU Manufacturer of 2020 - Community Poll

Vote for your favorite manufacturer

• AMD

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
I thank AMD as they brought in some real competition. Now people can afford more cores, I know how hard it was for me to get a quad-core CPU like an i5 but now I could afford a ryzen

I have still an old FX-8350. These were and are really bad CPU'S. But AMD learned from their faults and changed a lot, so they now have these really good Ryzen CPU's. Intel just tried to keep their high price chips without "Hyperthreading", now they had to change their "prize & core" politics.

For myself, AMD would be the best option. They offer CPU's with many cores for a very good price.

Reactions: madkataw
there was a year where AMD sucked so badly. Now they changed a lot after the launch of the Ryzen series . The good thing about Ryzen is, reasonable price . For example, you can get Ryzen 5 series which is almost priced similar to i3 series where Ryzen 5 performs equivalent to i5

simple which makes a better cpu?
The answer to that question my friend is, do you want stability or do you want raw performance.

If you take the blue pill, you will get a system that will never freeze, will work with all IO boards in the market without any synchronization issues, everything will be unicorns. No need to fiddle wth nobs, voltages. You get lower performance but will serve better for professional tasks where down time is not acceptable. So intel is like apple. You just buy forget.

But if you take red pill, you will get a system that can defeat any similar main stream linup intel has to offer in just half the price. You will need to fiddle with settings a little bit. Things you may have may not work in sync with processor. There may be memory related bottlenecks due to less clock speed. Your PC may crash because XMP profile took RAM speed too hard and may need little bit of tweaking (on non amd certified RAM). Your capture card or 10gigbit network card may not work. RAID technology may not work in UEFI mode. So AMD is like android, you get so much nobs to turn, you can take performance to another level but may not get stable results.

Reactions: Tutman
AMD
One of the best processors is the only way to go if you want a powerful PC that will see you through the most demanding games and creative workflows. The faster and more powerful your CPU is, the better your computer’s performance and power efficiency will be. You’ll see and feel the difference when you’ve got the best processor under the hood of your PC. And at the end of it all the prices are low.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
AMD
One of the best processors is the only way to go if you want a powerful PC that will see you through the most demanding games and creative workflows. The faster and more powerful your CPU is, the better your computer’s performance and power efficiency will be. You’ll see and feel the difference when you’ve got the best processor under the hood of your PC. And at the end of it all the prices are low.
I must say that Ryzen 5000 series is a bit expensive :/

Definitely it has to be AMD for disrupting the CPU market.

scared boom GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland