Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Question Do you still use an Antivirus? Which is the best Security Software?

Avast Antivirus is a good antivirus solution as long as the price you're paying is “free”. Its basic version provides a lot of decent features that are probably enough to protect the average home computer user. You can get all of the features of Avast's premium plans with better and cheaper options.

But a couple months ago when Google and Mozilla removed Avast’s web extension from their stores, a scandal broke out which revealed that Avast (who also owns AVG) had allegedly been spying on their users’ browsing data and selling it to corporations for millions of dollars in profit. In light of these unethical practices, this is why I highly recommend NOT to use avast as you anti virus in Any device(s) you own. You can read the article about this scandal here:

Whether if this scandal true or not. I don't want to put my personal cyber safety at the edge of uncertainty. I prefer Kaspersky as my primary anti-virus, it is better to pay a bit of money just to ensure that your device(s) and you personal information are secured.

I have been using Bitdefender Total Security for nearly a year now. I actually love it, I felt that Bitdefender is lighter than Kaspersky. I have never compared them but in my personal option (or just a gut feeling) Bitdefender is superior. It blocks all sketchy-looking websites and even sometimes when I make a google image search it shows bad URL blocked notification without any visible disturbance to the search.

I have been using Bitdefender Total Security for nearly a year now. I actually love it, I felt that Bitdefender is lighter than Kaspersky. I have never compared them but in my personal option (or just a gut feeling) Bitdefender is superior. It blocks all sketchy-looking websites and even sometimes when I make a google image search it shows bad URL blocked notification without any visible disturbance to the search.
Kaspersky has been tested as the second lightest after K7. Performance Test April 2020 | AV-Comparatives (Scroll half way down the page) :) And Kaspersky always scores near the top at about 100% detection.

1590515755590.png

• Wow
Reactions: pr0ph3t
If you have windows 10 I would recommend using the included "Windows Defender" program as it is good enough for most users. However, if you want even more security, I would have used "Bitdefender", one of the best antivirus programs on the market.

Reactions: Robbevanoov
Absolutely, using antivirus is still crucial! It's like an immune system for your devices. While there's a variety of good security software out there, it's also important to ensure your apps are secure from the get-go. For those into development, this insightful read on cost-effective app development https://attractgroup.com/blog/low-cost-mobile-app-development/ discusses building secure apps without breaking the bank. Stay safe online!
I had a similar situation

Last edited: