Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FIX Redmi Note 9 Pro "The system has been destroyed"

pr0ph3t

Expert
⚔️ MOD
Dec 30, 2016
distroyed note 9 pro.png

If you are like me and was doing some miscellaneous things using fast boot or recovery or whatever and screwed up your phone then here is the solution to fix "The system has been destroyed " error on your Redmi Note 9 Pro. I didn't try this on the Note 9 or Note 9 pro max so I don't know about them.

1. Extract the "vbmeta.img" to ADB fastboot folder (where the fast boot is installed, if you don't have fastboot installed, download and install it from the attachment below ).
  2. Open command-line tool and paste: fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
  3. Boot to recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and power buttons.
Reply and show some :heart: if this helped.

Attachments

• vbmeta.zip
    2 KB · Views: 444
  • Minimal ADB Fastboot v1.4.3.zip
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
View attachment 269
If you are like me and was doing some miscellaneous things using fast boot or recovery or whatever and screwed up your phone then here is the solution to fix "The system has been destroyed " error on your Redmi Note 9 Pro. I didn't try this on the Note 9 or Note 9 pro max so I don't know about them.

1. Extract the "vbmeta.img" to ADB fastboot folder (where the fast boot is installed, if you don't have fastboot installed, download and install it from the attachment below ).
Hope that helps
Thanks.. My phone is now alive from dead thanks to you!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending 'vbmeta' (4 KB)...
OKAY [ -0.000s]
writing 'vbmeta'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state)
finished. total time: 0.016s

View attachment 269

Reply and show some :heart: if this helped.
Thanks for sharing it! I really helps :D

I'm getting "disc image file is corrupted" when i try to put vbmeta.img in my fastboot cmd line.
Edit: I made sure I had permissions for the files, and tried again, then I got "cannot load 'vbmeta.img no such file or directory. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Download the Engineering ROM for your device.
Flash the Eng. ROM using UMT ( qcfire tool ).
Then flash normally using Mi Flash tool, this will clear the "System Destroyed" error and give you locked BL.

Regards,
James

On Xiaomi phones, sometimes there is a violation of the normal boot sequence, leading to non-stop reboots of the device after switching on. This type of error is called “Bootloop”. This overview contains recommendations for troubleshooting:
Xiaomi бесконечная перезагрузка — что делать
The article provides instructions to help fix the defect in the Redmi Note 4 model, and also describes standard ways to deal with bootloop. 😎

Sponsored

Topics You Missed

Latest Posts