Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hard disk clicking sound

Jacksparow

Noobie
Jun 1, 2018
My 500gb seagate hdd stopped working suddenly following repeated clicking noise from almost 2 months.
When its connected there's a clicking sound.
And system totally gets stuck when its connected.

Can i repair it??
Or can I just even recover my data?
Data recovery is important to me😰

That clicking sound is the actuator arm assembly returning back to its parked position forcefully, because it doesn’t know where to go, and can’t initialize.
If this happens too many times, it will cause damage to the read/write heads rendering the drive useless, and data inaccessible without a head swap. The actuator arm assembly has the read/write heads attached to the end of it, and is the mechanism responsible for reading data from, and writing data to the platters.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
That clicking sound is the actuator arm assembly returning back to its parked position forcefully, because it doesn’t know where to go, and can’t initialize.
If this happens too many times, it will cause damage to the read/write heads rendering the drive useless, and data inaccessible without a head swap. The actuator arm assembly has the read/write heads attached to the end of it, and is the mechanism responsible for reading data from, and writing data to the platters.
Thanks littlewit littlewit,
So can i recover my data myself or should i hand it to professionals?

Reactions: pr0ph3t
obviously problems with read/write heads. you can try to fix HDD itself first, idk can you do it by yourself or not. You can try this recovery service - helped me. The type of clicking helps experienced recovery technicians know which solutions to pursue based on the probable cause of the problem.

My 500gb seagate hdd stopped working suddenly following repeated clicking noise from almost 2 months.
When its connected there's a clicking sound.
And system totally gets stuck when its connected.

Can i repair it??
Or can I just even recover my data?
Data recovery is important to me😰
Its called click of death... It means most probably head is dead
Data Recovery is possible by replacing head. Contact professional help.

Why it happens?

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk