Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help choosing a pre built desktop

MoneyFire82

Registered
Jul 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a new desktop and I want something that's a little more powerful than it really needs to be, but I don't want to overpay for specs that won't really improve performance. I will mainly be using this for playing online poker, surfing the internet (lots of tabs open on chrome), and some spreadsheet work. I keep 4 or 5 programs open at the same time pretty often. Occasionally I will be making video recordings of my poker sessions, but I won't be doing any editing. I'm willing to spend up to $1,000.00 but I don't want to spend that if it's not necessary.

Core I7 7th gen

Core I5 8th gen

Core I7 8th gen

Ram: Minimum 16 gigs must be upgradable to 32

I need to be able to run 2 monitors, but I don't know if I need a separate graphics card. ?

Do I need an SSD?

Thanks!

8th GEN CPU has 2 more extra cores. This is true for i3, i5 and i7.

Personally I am a self builder of my PC and also helped friends to build PC. If I were you, I would go for ryzen instead of intel chips as ryzen 2nd gen is more newer.

I don't know if you can get a prebuilt PC with ryzen in it, any way worth a try. :)

SSD is a must, if you need the responsiveness you are expecting.. Or opt for SSHD.

Why choose intel?

Has more clock speed.
Higher reputation
Optane compatibility .

Why AMD?

Has newer processors.
Higher number of cores.
More power efficient.
Intel need a competition to make price low.

RAM clearly depends on the use case. For you, given the usecase, I think 32 GiGs is an overkill. But better have than be sorry.
Remember that ram which used to cost 2.3K-INR for 8GB is now around 7K-INR.
Hope I helped you :)

Sponsored

Topics You Missed

Latest Posts