Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solved How can i enable Dolby sound in VLC media player?

Nunnya

Nov 3, 2020
I'm able to get Dolby audio out from "Films & TV", "Windows Media Player" apps but some video files are not working on those players but do work on VLC Media Player but it does not give Dolby audio output. I have tried on settings in the preferences but it does not seem to fix it. I using a Sony 5.1 home theater with Dolby support connected to my PC via SPDIF.
Please give any solutions.

Reactions: XypniX
Solution
Well, that's simple just open the video file with the VLC player, and press Ctlrl+P
Under the Audio tab, change the output module to "Windows Multimedia Device output" and set HDMI/SPDIF audio passthrough to" Enabled (AC3/DTS only)".
Click save and close VLC then open the video file again with VLC (basically just restart VLC), Done.
Well, that's simple just open the video file with the VLC player, and press Ctlrl+P
Under the Audio tab, change the output module to "Windows Multimedia Device output" and set HDMI/SPDIF audio passthrough to" Enabled (AC3/DTS only)".
Click save and close VLC then open the video file again with VLC (basically just restart VLC), Done.

Solution
That worked so perfetly thaaaankssss