Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solved How can i enable TPM in asus motherboard BIOS for installing Windows 11

SayWHT

Jan 19, 2017
I was using the Microsoft PC Health check app to see if my PC supports Windows 11 and it says not, after some googling I found that I should enable TPM and secure boot. I have enabled secure boot but it still gives the error saying I cant install windows 11
So how can I enable TPM?

Solution
For Intel processor based motherboard it's called PTT (Platform Trust Technology). You can enable it by going to
Advanced > PCH-FW Configuration

intel motherboard tpm settings.jpg

For AMD based motherboards.
Well just boot into BIOS and under the Advanced tab select "AMD fTPM configuration"
And in that change your TPM Device Configuration to "Firmware TPM" then save and reset.

amd motherboard tpm settings.jpg

After that boot into windows press Win+R to open RUN and type in tpm.msc to see the TPM details.
For Intel processor based motherboard it's called PTT (Platform Trust Technology). You can enable it by going to

intel motherboard tpm settings.jpg

Well just boot into BIOS and under the Advanced tab select "AMD fTPM configuration"
And in that change your TPM Device Configuration to "Firmware TPM" then save and reset.

amd motherboard tpm settings.jpg

After that boot into windows press Win+R to open RUN and type in tpm.msc to see the TPM details.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmjxperia
Solution

View attachment 379

View attachment 380

I have edited the post with steps for both intel and and cpus

If Advanced > PCH-FW Configuration (Intel PTT) on my Asus Z690 Hero with my i9-12900K lets Windows 11 install, then why does the motherboard need a TPM2.0 connector?

With nothing in the connector, my "Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Security -> Device Security -> Security processor -> Details says:

That there is an Intel 2.0 specification, PPI spec 1.3, TPM sub-version 1.38 (12/18/2019), PC Spec 1.04 security device.

Using the MS health check says this MB is ready for Windows 11. So I don't need to spend $30-$90 on a TPM module? Or do you only get a module when you're swapping MBs or going from Intel to AMD, etc?

Thanks,

Ambi

Reactions: jmjxperia

Sponsored

Topics You Missed

Latest Posts