Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is eGPU dock worth buying?

jmjxperia

⚔️ MOD
Feb 17, 2018
Laptops that have Thunderbolt 3 support has the ability to use eGPU aka External GPU. When I checked for the prices of the dock , I was astonished because of the high price .So I want to know if there is any dock that is cheaper yet useful.

Laptops that have Thunderbolt 3 support has the ability to use eGPU aka External GPU. When I checked for the prices of the dock , I was astonished because of the high price .So I want to know if there is any dock that is cheaper yet useful.
No because its External PCI and it requires high quality cabling. Thunderbolt support also requires manufacturers to pay fees to Intel for using their proprietary technology. New usb standard is on the roll out phase, it supports 40GBPS like intel's thunderbolt. There wont be fees..

No because its External PCI and it requires high quality cabling. Thunderbolt support also requires manufacturers to pay fees to Intel for using their proprietary technology. New usb standard is on the roll out phase, it supports 40GBPS like intel's thunderbolt. There wont be fees..
Dock has everything that needs for GPU .Only issue is pricing

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk