Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is there a selfish net for ubuntu ?

Feb 22, 2017
I had this beautiful software selfishnet on windows10 which limits wifi speed of users.
for demo you can watch this

How to do this in ubuntu ?.Or can some expert write a script for this ?.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
I had this beautiful software selfishnet on windows10 which limits wifi speed of users.
for demo you can watch this

How to do this in ubuntu ?.Or can some expert write a script for this ?.

Please dont use apps like that. It works by ARP poisoning. Yes you can do that in linux. Use arp spoof to spoof all traffic between the client and router to you... Then they cant access network anymore. There are so many defenses against it, but none are effective.

Please dont use apps like that. It works by ARP poisoning. Yes you can do that in linux. Use arp spoof to spoof all traffic between the client and router to you... Then they cant access network anymore. There are so many defenses against it, but none are effective.
I think arp poisoining removes the person out of network,but this limits internet speed

Reactions: Abhiram Shibu
I think arp poisoining removes the person out of network,but this limits internet speed
NO ARP poisoning does not remove person out of network. Dont mix arp poisoning with deauth broadcast attack ;-). Btw the traffic with which you tell the client that you are the router affects the speed.

When u say u are the router very frequently, routers real ARP messages are not bothered by the client. But if we like send we are the router signal like once in a second, router will tell its the router after 2 sec, ie making effective bandwidth 50% of real bandwidth. Its because 50% of time its confused that we are the router and sends all the packets to us and we destroys those. But the rest of 50% of time it sends packets to real router.

If you pump it up to 0.5 sec you can restrict that client to a mere <25% of real traffic.

Calculation is the key.

Newer routers with wireless AC tend to broadcast evey 0.5 sec. This makes you increase ur fake broadcast speed otherwise they will get over 75% of bandwidth.

I hope it makes you clear about this topic ;-)

upload_2017-6-8_6-56-59.png

See all the arp pings in the background. Btw on the left its my laptop, on the right is my android phone running kali
Now im going to block my android phone.

upload_2017-6-8_7-0-44.png

Here my laptop ASUS banded is telling my oneplus(idk why it shows up as samsung) its 192.168.0.1 and wireshark was intellegent enough to detect it.

Now I try browsing internet on my phone.

upload_2017-6-8_7-9-13.png

As u can see i cant access my internet. Now i try to limit instead of blocking

upload_2017-6-8_7-16-15.png

As you can see test is not even starting because of bandwidth limitation. On the left u can see that the speed of sending ARP poison messages has decreased.

See my laptop doing a MITM attack.

Hope this clears your query better.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-8_7-0-19.png
    upload_2017-6-8_7-0-19.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 5
  • upload_2017-6-8_7-8-20.png
    upload_2017-6-8_7-8-20.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2017-6-8_7-15-50.png
    upload_2017-6-8_7-15-50.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 4
so true, instead why don't you just setup ip table rules on your modem? (assuming this is your home network ) you can pretty much setup and limit guest connections and speed, most new routers let you create more than one SSID , so you can have your main network and a guest network, no software needed.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: pr0ph3t

Sponsored

Topics You Missed

Latest Posts