Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pc Upgrade For Audio Editing With Thunderbolt

yohay

Noobie
Jun 30, 2018
Hallo, I want to upgrade my computer I'm thinking about a CPU & motherboard bundle I don't know much about this stuff so I would like to get some help & recommendations
I have a 6 year old PC with i5 2400
256 ssd
8gb ram
I will use it mainly for audio editing with audio interface that requires thunderbolt connection
thank you

Reactions: Anonymous
Ok, you can get i7-8700 which is 8th gen and any 300 series chipset motherboard. Since you also want to get RAM I found a good motherboard which offers all your needs at a lower cost which is the MSI H310M PRO.
I think that you are not into overclocking so both the CPU and mobo is not overclocking friendly if you wanna overclock then get i7-8700K and any Z370 chipset motherboard.
And for RAM get Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz which will be a bit more than you budget if so just get one 8GB stick.

Ok, you can get i7-8700 which is 8th gen and any 300 series chipset motherboard. Since you also want to get RAM I found a good motherboard which offers all your needs at a lower cost which is the MSI H310M PRO.
I think that you are not into overclocking so both the CPU and mobo is not overclocking friendly if you wanna overclock then get i7-8700K and any Z370 chipset motherboard.
And for RAM get Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz which will be a bit more than you budget if so just get one 8GB stick.
I would suggest ryzen