Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Redmi 6A Pixel Experience Plus Custom ROM [Pie] [UNOFFICIAL] [Cactus]

pr0ph3t

Expert
⚔️ MOD
Dec 30, 2016
pe cactus pie.jpg

The stock MIUI ROM on Redmi 6A lags so much that sometimes it becomes unusable. Download and flash Pixel Experience Pie ROM for Redmi 6A and get a much better experience on your phone. The stock 9 MIUI ROM was good out of the box but after updates the phone became laggy. I could flash the MIUI 9 Oreo based ROM but again I don't love the stupid ads everywhere so I wanted something else so after searching the internet I found this Pixel Experience ROM for Cactus aka Redmi 6A. There were a few tutorials on how to flash it which required you to install many tools.
In this post ill show you simple steps to install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi 6A.

** DISCLAIMER: IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT MAY OCCUR ON YOUR DEVICE, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER MAY OR MAY NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. IM NOT THE ACTUAL DEVELOPER OF THIS ROM **

Before you get started, you should have your bootloader unlocked. If you haven't done that then do a quick Google search and do that.

BUGS:
Everything works fine if you find any issues then reply here maybe someone can help :)

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Pixel Experience Plus ROM Cactus
GAPPS Included
TWRP 3.4.0-1
Magisk v19.3
Minimal ADB

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Download Minimal ADB Fastboot v1.4.3.zip extract and install it.
  2. Download twrp-3.4.0-1-cactus.img.zip and extract it.
  3. Copy twrp-3.4.0-1-cactus.img from the extracted folder to the folder where you installed Minimal ADB.
  4. Press the volume down and power button on your Redmi 6A and get into fastboot mode, when done connect the phone to your PC.
  5. Open Minimal ADB and type fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-1-cactus.img then press enter.
  6. When it's done then press and hold volume up and power button on your phone and now you will boot into TWRP.
  7. Go to WIPE > Advanced WIPE and wipe Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data and Cache only.
  8. Copy the downloaded ROM and Magisk file to SD card, Internal Storage, or USB storage.
  9. Select the ROM file, flash it and then flash Magisk. (Note: Magisk is required)
  10. Reboot

Enjoy! :heart:

If the official TWRP doesn't work then you can use TWRP-3.3.1-0602-OMFG-mod_b1.zip attached below :)

Developer: MegaFon929
Android Version: 9 Pie

Attachments

• TWRP-3.3.1-0602-OMFG-mod_b1.zip
    25.1 MB · Views: 197
  • Magisk-v19.3.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 114
  • twrp-3.4.0-1-cactus.img.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 173
Last edited: