Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ryzen 5950X Frequent blue screen issue

Stephenwafer

Noobie
Nov 7, 2020
Hey all, I recently built a new pc, and it's having some BSOD issues for the past couple of days. It simply keeps crashing blue screening with different codes. I also noticed issues with temps, by having programs like chrome, steam, discord, and Logitech software my temp jumps from around 30-40 to nearly 60-70. Sometimes when things are installing in the background the temps also increase to around 70-80.
Here is the list of hardware used to build the PC.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X

MOBO: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master

GPU: RTX 2070 Super

RAM: 32GB of G skill Trident Z Neo

500GB NVME M.2 SSD

The case I used is the Cooler Master H500M

Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73

Also wanted to add that I have had BSOD when installing software such as GoG.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
Hey Guys

I recently just built a new pc, I have been having issues with it for the past couple of days. It keeps on blue screening with different codes. I also have had issues with temps, by having programs like chrome, steam, discord, and Logitech software my temp jumps from around 30-40 to nearly 60-70. Sometimes when things are installing in the background the temps also increase to around 70-80. To give perspective I have these parts.

MOBO: X570 Aorus Master {also have the code d3 on my motherboard)

GPU: RTX 2070 Super (From old build that still works fine)

RAM: 32GB of G skill Trident Z Neo

500GB NVME M.2 SSD

The case I used is the Cooler Master H500M

Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73

Also wanted to add that I have had BSOD when installing software such as GoG.
Sounds to me like the cooler isn't mounted correctly. Either that or your CPU cut of temp is quite low in your mobo.

I.e the temperature the board detects the temp and turns everything off for protection ( would surprise me but could be possible ).

Try and remount your cooler and see if that fixes it first try new thermal paste if you have some spare. The d3 error from what I read sounds like a bios update (check for an update if possible )

Hope this helps let us know how it goes :)

Sounds to me like the cooler isn't mounted correctly. Either that or your CPU cut of temp is quite low in your mobo.

I.e the temperature the board detects the temp and turns everything off for protection ( would surprise me but could be possible ).

Try and remount your cooler and see if that fixes it first try new thermal paste if you have some spare. The d3 error from what I read sounds like a bios update (check for an update if possible )

Hope this helps let us know how it goes :)
I already tried that and reapplied thermal paste and it didn't work. Temps are still the same and keep getting BSOD when installing applications and playing games.

I reset the bios and that didn't help either.

I'm at a loss tbh. CPU could be faulty?

I already tried that and reapplied thermal paste and it didn't work. Temps are still the same and keep getting BSOD when installing applications and playing games.

I reset the bios and that didn't help either.

I'm at a loss tbh. CPU could be faulty?
That could be a potential issue - maybe would surprise me but bad samples do happen. Try taking out ram do 1 stick ensure that works do 2, and so on until I have the issue Might just need to test each one and see if u get the error?

What's the actual blue screen error that's coming up?

Is the XMP profile set as well?

That could be a potential issue - maybe would surprise me but bad samples do happen. Try taking out ram do 1 stick ensure that works do 2, and so on until I have the issue Might just need to test each one and see if u get the error?

What's the actual blue screen error that's coming up?

Is the XMP profile set as well?
It usually different ones, I, however, had the error of system service exemption, which is why I did a clean install of Windows 10 again. It couldn't be the ram as both sticks are fine and I have done tests on them and they are running fine. So there is a possibility that my processor is a dud.

It usually different ones, I, however, had the error of system service exemption, which is why I did a clean install of Windows 10 again. It couldn't be the ram as both sticks are fine and I have done tests on them and they are running fine. So there is a possibility that my processor is a dud.
Maybe try a full ram test and see if that resolves it -try 1 stick and see if u get the errors then if non try the other. I appreciate you said that it both works but sometimes ram can be odd. Then potentially it could be the processor but would surprise me tbh

Regarding temps. This from a Tech Radar review - "Rather than having one static boost target like an Intel processor, AMD Zen 3 processors will constantly be trying to maximize performance. This means that you may see uncomfortably high temperatures, especially if you're pushing the processor hard.

For instance, in our testing, the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X reached a maximum temperature of 86°C – and that's with a 360mm AIO cooler attached. Don't worry, that's just how Ryzen is designed. AMD has told us that the new processors may peak around 98°C and that it's expected. Your processor isn't going to burst into flames."

As for BSODs, are you running the latest mobo Bios version?

Check your cooler to see if it’s mounted good and if you’re getting random blue screens and crashes and stuff, I would run a test on your ram. Usually when nothing makes a lick of sense, it’s probably a ram issue