Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Scan and Repair corrupt Windows system files with "sfc /scannow"

pr0ph3t

Expert
⚔️ MOD
Dec 30, 2016
Recently I have been exiting from my CSGO game sessions and due to VAC issues and when I click ok it takes me to a steam support page (Disconnected by VAC: You cannot play on secure servers - Steam Support) where it shows various options to fix the issue.
And among the instructions provided there, I found the following cmd command sfc /scannow to scan and repair Windows system files.
I typed in that code, then it scanned and said

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

So what is this? I have installed my windows a few weeks ago and should I be worried?

You might be getting the error due to corruption issues in the steam client. So restart the steam client and check if the issue is solved.
  • Open the Steam Client on your computer and click on the Steam located on the top left corner of the window.
  • Click on the Exit option.
  • Now, open the Steam Client again.
  • Again, click on Steam and select Go Offline.
  • Click on the RESTART IN OFFLINE MODE button.
  • Again, click on Steam and choose the Go Online option.
  • Click on the RESTART AND GO ONLINE button.
Try launching the game and check if the issue is resolved

Reactions: pr0ph3t
You might be getting the error due to corruption issues in the steam client. So restart the steam client and check if the issue is solved.
  • Open the Steam Client on your computer and click on the Steam located on the top left corner of the window.
  • Click on the Exit option.
  • Now, open the Steam Client again.
  • Again, click on Steam and select Go Offline.
  • Click on the RESTART IN OFFLINE MODE button.
  • Again, click on Steam and choose the Go Online option.
  • Click on the RESTART AND GO ONLINE button.
Try launching the game and check if the issue is resolved
Those steps work sometimes and that too temporarily. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalled it, uninstalled steam reinstalled it, and even cleared all the files related to steam that I could find but still the same. I now reinstalled Windows and it's okay now. But in this copy, I haven't installed Logitech GHUB and ASUS Armory crate software. I highly suspect GHUB to cause that issue as it has some lighting effects and things that install an addon to the game.

Sponsored