Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Should I buy Ryzen 7 3700x or Intel i7 9700k

barackobama

Jul 25, 2020
The new Ryzen 5 5600x turned out to be expensive. I'd better put more money and buy intel or go for old Ryzen. Which one would be better to go with now?
I7 10 would be expensive but it has Intel HD graphics, but I'm considering a cheap temporary GPU with ryzen 7, just for normal use.
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • i7 9700k
  • i7 10700k

The new Ryzen turned out to be expensive. I'd better put more money and buy intel or go for old ryzen.
Which one would be better to go with now ?
I7 10 would be expensive but it has intel hd, but I'm considering a cheap temporary gpu with ryzen 7, just for normal use.
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • i7 9700k
  • i7 10700k
For normal performance go for ryzen 3rd gen. But ryzen 4 on desktop do boast higher cache integration and better thermal efficiency so I were shopping for something workstation grade, I would go for ryzen 4th gen.

Intel in performance is just a joke at this standpoint. You can have intel has higher single core scores, but its barely above AMD at this point :), so go team red...

i7 9700k is considered to be one of the finest gaming processors on the marketplace. The Intel i7 9700K is an exemption to all desktop processors due to its unbelievable gaming success and efficiency that has not been see before then on any usual i7 desktop processor.

The new Ryzen 5 5600x turned out to be expensive. I'd better put more money and buy intel or go for old Ryzen. Which one would be better to go with now?
I7 10 would be expensive but it has Intel HD graphics, but I'm considering a cheap temporary GPU with ryzen 7, just for normal use.
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • i7 9700k
  • i7 10700k
I think you should go with Intel Core i7 9700k. because depending on price, efficiency, the number of ports, and overclocking capabilities, and the best i7 9700K motherboards offer something for every gamer. The Intel Core i7-9700K is still a reasonably capable CPU for gaming.

Last edited: