Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solved This PC can't run Windows 11

pr0ph3t

Expert
⚔️ MOD
Dec 30, 2016
I tried Microsoft's Windows 11 compatibility check tool on my Windows 10 PC and got this error.

1624611875426.png

This PC can't run Windows 11

While this PC doesn't meet the system requirements
to run Windows 11, you'll keep getting Windows 10
updates.

I think my PC meets the minimum requirements, below is my PC specs:
Ryzen 5 1500X
24GB RAM
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
GTX 1050Ti
Isn't that enough?

Reactions: Jacksparow
Solution
Well, it turns out that it's not a bug with the app! Windows 11 is not supported in gen 1 Ryzen processors > Windows 11 Won't Support 1st Gen AMD Ryzen Processors, TPM Required | Hardware Times

Sad Cry GIF
I tried Microsoft's Windows 11 compatibility check tool on my Windows 10 PC and got this error.

View attachment 376

Ryzen 5 1500X
24GB RAM
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
GTX 1050Ti
Isn't that enough?
You neee to enable Trusted Platform. But this is only on intel. I will share if I get about AMD.
But do enable secure boot. That also makes it snap like that.

Reactions: pr0ph3t

View attachment 376

Ryzen 5 1500X
24GB RAM
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
GTX 1050Ti
Isn't that enough?
Nope enable secure boot as well as TPM (2.0). If you have a newer PC enable intel PTT or AMD fTPM in your BIOS.Jump to 08:09 here in this video.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
Well, this is a common problem encountered by a wide range of users while checking if their system is compatible with Windows 11 or not.

And to fix This PC Can’t Run Windows 11 message you need to turn on TPM as well as the Secure Boot option on your system.

But first, also confirm if your system meets the minimum system requirements. And if everything seems fine then the motherboard has a TPM 2.0 chip. This component is mostly present on many PC, but you are using an old PC then it might not present. Follow the steps to enable TPM 2.0 to run Windows 11.
  • Reboot and press F1, F2, F10, or F11 to open the Startup Menu
  • Now, click on ‘Security Tab’
  • Click on ‘TPM device’ and a list will available
  • Now select ‘Available’
  • Click on save and reboot your PC.
Hope This PC can't run Windows 11 is resolved but if not then this can be shown mistakenly by Microsoft and get resolved with time.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 376

Ryzen 5 1500X
24GB RAM
120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
GTX 1050Ti
Isn't that enough?
you can bypass the CPU / TPM Check by adding DWORD to registry in the below mentioned path
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup

Add DWORD with the value name as AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU and Value data as 1.

Download the Windows 11 iso from official website and mount in Virtual Drive using PowerISO or similar application.

Then RUN the windows 11 setup from the virtual Drive and follow the process. you are good to go with windows 11

*Make sure the secure Boot is enabled in BIOS.

If all other method fails, try this method:

Create your own installation media

The steps necessary to remove the "Secure Boot" and "TPM 2.0" requirements error "This PC can't run Windows 11" when attempting to install Windows 11

Obtain the newest available Windows 10 ISO from Micro$0ft; Already have made your Windows 11 USB Installer using Rufus;

Mount Windows 10 ISO;

Find and locate the folder named Sources on the mounted ISO;

Copy all of the files in the Sources folder of the mounted ISO except for install.wim/install.esd;

Navigate to the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer that you have previously created in your File Manager;

Open the Sources folder on the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer;

Paste the previously copied contents/files from the Sources folder on the mounted Win 10 ISO to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer, and make sure to replace the files present in the Windows 11 USB Installer Sources folder;

Boot from Windows 11 USB Installer;

Profit from not having the requirements of Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 being enabled in place.