Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Unable to record a Video on screen

aditijain

Noobie
Jun 11, 2018
Hello,
I am taking Lectures for my course.
These lectures come over the internet and one has to install their list of software to gain access to videos.

Also there was restriction that such videos can only be played on laptop having screen less than 21 inch plus no HDMI or other outputs will be enabled.

It was mandatory to install K lite Code pack (2 times i.e. installation over installation).

I wanted to record these videos for my revision purpose but i was able to record only Audio.

I tried all softwares :
1. Microsoft Expression
2. Camatasia
3. Fraps
4. BB Flashback
5. OBS
6. VLC Media player

All are able to record desktop but as soon as that video comes up that portion becomes black.

These things are opened when video is played: (1)

i can trace them here (2)

These are .dll files and softwares that came (Video plays through content browser)[3]

This is how it records:-(ezgif 1 3c9d5c70d5)

is there any way to record this?

I mean video must have entered somewhere as cache or something else to finally come up on screen.

Kindly help

Thanks

Hello,
I am taking Lectures for my course.
These lectures come over the internet and one has to install their list of software to gain access to videos.

Also there was restriction that such videos can only be played on laptop having screen less than 21 inch plus no HDMI or other outputs will be enabled.

It was mandatory to install K lite Code pack (2 times i.e. installation over installation).

I wanted to record these videos for my revision purpose but i was able to record only Audio.

I tried all softwares :
1. Microsoft Expression
2. Camatasia
3. Fraps
4. BB Flashback
5. OBS
6. VLC Media player

All are able to record desktop but as soon as that video comes up that portion becomes black.

These things are opened when video is played: (1)

i can trace them here (2)

These are .dll files and softwares that came (Video plays through content browser)[3]

This is how it records:-(ezgif 1 3c9d5c70d5)

is there any way to record this?

I mean video must have entered somewhere as cache or something else to finally come up on screen.

Kindly help

Thanks

This is known as DRM protection. You can only record using a VM or anything like that. Install the program in a windows VM ( virtual box ). Then use any screen recorder. If you are using VMware, it can record video by itself.

Hope it works for you :)

This is known as DRM protection. You can only record using a VM or anything like that. Install the program in a windows VM ( virtual box ). Then use any screen recorder. If you are using VMware, it can record video by itself.

Hope it works for you :)

Thanx a lot for advice

But this program can only be installed once and not to be installed again in any computer.

So can i record main computer screen from VM??

Thanx a lot for advice

But this program can only be installed once and not to be installed again in any computer.

So can i record main computer screen from VM??
In the earlier days i have used learn next ( now next gurukul ). I called customer support and told them that my pc broke and I bought a new one. Then they allowed me to login. So u could do that with vm. :)

There are a lot of different screen recorder programs out there, and it can be hard to decide which one to use. I've tried a few different ones, and my current favorite is the one from www.movavi.com . It's a great program that is easy to use and has many features. I like that it has a built-in video editor, so I can edit my videos in the program. I also like that it can record audio from my computer or a microphone, which is great for recording voiceovers. And the fact that it can export to various formats is also really helpful.

Last edited:

Sponsored