Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jmjxperia

⚔️ MOD
Feb 17, 2018
This post is to give awareness to the customers who are going to buy Arctic Mx 4 thermal compound. Arctic MX4 is one of the most popular thermal compounds out there in the market due to its good thermal conductivity of 8.5 W/(mK) and relatively at a reasonable price compared to the competitors like Noctua, Cooler Master, Arctic Silver, etc.

I recently noticed mixed reviews on many e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Newegg, Ali express where customers were complaining and questioning about its authenticity. Few of the sellers are selling the compound at half the actual price. Even I was confused about why customers giving mixed reviews even though it's a proven thermal compound. I browsed every forum and other sites to know about this. Finally, I found a Korean site that compares fake and original Arctic MX-4. As you know, imitation won't perform as good as the original. I will post the link below this post to give full credits to that author.

There are few factors to differentiate between counterfeit and original that I found from the article. I m sharing only the package differences.

1.Main important one is the QR code that the Arctic has provided

The cover of both original and fake looks exactly the same, but you know fake cannot be the same as the original.

photo_2020-11-08_16-42-18.jpg photo_2020-11-08_16-42-05.jpg

So both look exactly the same right. There is a catch, check the difference in QR code. The right one is the original, you know why?

Opera Snapshot_2020-11-08_180954_tuxforums.com.png

If you look at the upper left corner of the QR code, they are easy to distinguish, the Pyramid-shaped is genuine.
Note that both genuine and fake QR codes let you redirect to the ARCTIC MX4 website.

2.Durability logo, and Color mix

8 Year durability logo: the genuine product is consistent with the silver line at the bottom, but the fake is printed off because there is no bottom line.

The color mix of silver is off if you look closely as if it was photocopied.

photo_2020-11-08_16-42-18.jpg photo_2020-11-08_17-25-13.jpg

3.Noticible backside logos

Below the original log. In fake, the font of 'r' is different. The genuine product does not have a concave corner.

Opera Snapshot_2020-11-08_181056_tuxforums.com.png

Hardware Logo,in fake its written (aceoeoxvnmosaur swcsxvomensrzn?? while in original DAS HARDWARE MAGAZIN FÜR PC SPIELER
CarbonNeutral logo: The darkness and paleness of the green are different.

Opera Snapshot_2020-11-08_181318_tuxforums.com.png
Fake

Opera Snapshot_2020-11-08_181446_tuxforums.com.png
Genuine

Yellow Stars: The resolution inside the star is blurred, so it appears to be a star with a faint pattern in monochrome rather than three-dimensional.

Opera Snapshot_2020-11-08_182526_tuxforums.com.png

4.QR code Scan And Win

QR code on the back is a QR code for the 1000$ receiving event, which should look different for each product, but all the items are the same. If you check Aliexpress, you will get what I meant(not all the aliexpress sellers are selling fake)

photo_2020-11-08_17-43-15.jpg

A few months back, Arctic updated their packaging into box type. As far as I know and by the article where I got the information, box packaged Arctic thermal compounds are genuine.

475fc38b-0ae0-4a91-8035-093c663b3696.83c1749906167ac7414c85570ff9b3ac.jpeg

I hope this post will benefit customers like me.

Source:

That's not the case.Making fake boxes are way easier than sachets.Fake manufacturers have huge bulk to sell before making next batch 😅.Just a wild guess
Oh, man! The fakes look so close to the genuine one! No wonder they manage to sell easily.

If this is true then good :D at least the company is trying to take action!

This post is to give awareness to the customers who are going to buy Arctic Mx 4 thermal compound. Arctic MX4 is one of the most popular thermal compounds out there in the market due to its good thermal conductivity of 8.5 W/(mK) and relatively at a reasonable price compared to the competitors like Noctua, Cooler Master, Arctic Silver, etc.

I recently noticed mixed reviews on many e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Newegg, Ali express where customers were complaining and questioning about its authenticity. Few of the sellers are selling the compound at half the actual price. Even I was confused about why customers giving mixed reviews even though it's a proven thermal compound. I browsed every forum and other sites to know about this. Finally, I found a Korean site that compares fake and original Arctic MX-4. As you know, imitation won't perform as good as the original. I will post the link below this post to give full credits to that author.

There are few factors to differentiate between counterfeit and original that I found from the article. I m sharing only the package differences.

1.Main important one is the QR code that the Arctic has provided

The cover of both original and fake looks exactly the same, but you know fake cannot be the same as the original.

View attachment 311 View attachment 312

So both look exactly the same right. There is a catch, check the difference in QR code. The right one is the original, you know why?

View attachment 317

If you look at the upper left corner of the QR code, they are easy to distinguish, the Pyramid-shaped is genuine.
Note that both genuine and fake QR codes let you redirect to the ARCTIC MX4 website.

2.Durability logo, and Color mix

8 Year durability logo: the genuine product is consistent with the silver line at the bottom, but the fake is printed off because there is no bottom line.

The color mix of silver is off if you look closely as if it was photocopied.

View attachment 314 View attachment 315

3.Noticible backside logos

Below the original log. In fake, the font of 'r' is different. The genuine product does not have a concave corner.

View attachment 319

Hardware Logo,in fake its written (aceoeoxvnmosaur swcsxvomensrzn?? while in original DAS HARDWARE MAGAZIN FÜR PC SPIELER
CarbonNeutral logo: The darkness and paleness of the green are different.

View attachment 323
Fake

View attachment 321
Genuine

Yellow Stars: The resolution inside the star is blurred, so it appears to be a star with a faint pattern in monochrome rather than three-dimensional.

View attachment 322

4.QR code Scan And Win

QR code on the back is a QR code for the 1000$ receiving event, which should look different for each product, but all the items are the same. If you check Aliexpress, you will get what I meant(not all the aliexpress sellers are selling fake)

View attachment 316

A few months back, Arctic updated their packaging into box type. As far as I know and by the article where I got the information, box packaged Arctic thermal compounds are genuine.

475fc38b-0ae0-4a91-8035-093c663b3696.83c1749906167ac7414c85570ff9b3ac.jpeg

I hope this post will benefit customers like me.

Source:
True thing dude, this is just one type of product their lot of counter fit pc hardware that will ruin the user's experience and creates hate towards the genuine brand! :/

Reactions: jmjxperia
is this post still active??

i just bought one of these and it just arrived few minutes ago and i found several signs of both fake, original and non of either on my package
also the qr code scan gave me a wawrning that it is fake, maybe cuz its old? or just fake? idk
im so confused and i dont wana rip it open in case of i had to return it.. any help?
pics attached

is this post still active??

i just bought one of these and it just arrived few minutes ago and i found several signs of both fake, original and non of either on my package
also the qr code scan gave me a wawrning that it is fake, maybe cuz its old? or just fake? idk
im so confused and i dont wana rip it open in case of i had to return it.. any help?
pics attached
jmjxperia jmjxperia any idea?

Reactions: Glitch
From where did you buy this one from?
souq.com (owned by amazon)

the seller has good ratings as well as the product itself

i just wanna be confident..

souq.com (owned by amazon)

the seller has good ratings as well as the product itself

i just wanna be confident..
How many days more to return? The thread owner will reply soon.
Even if it's fake it won't have a serious issue.

well i just got it few hours ago so i still have time..

and i dont wanna pay that much for it to be fake cuz i could just buy one that literally costs few cents..
Hi, you bought this one? Latest one comes with box .If you are buying a box type package,be sure to buy from trusted seller . If you are having the sachet type,check those factors before opening.