Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I am Korean. I’m the owner of the blog of the text.
Looking at the picture you uploaded, it's a fake.
It's a 2019 version and it's one of two fake versions.
There are only 5 or more fake Chinese versions of mx-4. You like to buy the latest version as much as possible.
Details are also posted in the body of the blog address.
Watch out for corona. Watch out for fakes too.
I found it while googled. Thanks for posting my blog.
Wow, I can't believe the author of the blog I referred to replied to my thread :). Thanks to you many gamers got saved from buying fake arctic mx4. It was hard to find your blog, so I thought why not make a thread and start a discussion which will really help the customers.

You can contribute your thoughts to this forum.

• Wow
Reactions: pr0ph3t
some additional more clear pictures and close up of the hardware logo which seems off.

@ jmjxperia jmjxperia
This box is sealed from both sides with a round transparent sticky seal

The paper seems weak and doesnt have the plastic film layer normal packaging has, maybe to waterproof it a bit.

View attachment 363
View attachment 364View attachment 365
View attachment 366
View attachment 367
View attachment 368

Seems legit. Try the Scan and Win part. From there, the arctic can verify if it's fake or not. Also, the syringe will have UFI information printed on the label

jmjxperia jmjxperia
Okay so your saying this could actually be legit? I already bought fake stuff from this website before which were SD Cards and i am kinda skeptic now because I read about the fakes of Arctic mx4.
I have scanned the WIN QR code and it lets me register indeed, but as Arctic states in the earlier email, even if the QR code was copied it will still allow you to register. To me that seems it wouldnt help identifying fakes.

Screenshot_20210427_155520_com.android.chrome.jpg
Next draw on Saturday tho exciting :D

Maybe im just paranoid lol but still hesitant to use it.

I have also email Arctic hopefully they can tell more..

jmjxperia jmjxperia
It does have a number on the label, can we do anything with that? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!

Will keep you posted if have any update

jmjxperia jmjxperia
Okay so your saying this could actually be legit? I already bought fake stuff from this website before which were SD Cards and i am kinda skeptic now because I read about the fakes of Arctic mx4.
I have scanned the WIN QR code and it lets me register indeed, but as Arctic states in the earlier email, even if the QR code was copied it will still allow you to register. To me that seems it wouldnt help identifying fakes.

View attachment 369
Next draw on Saturday tho exciting :D

Maybe im just paranoid lol but still hesitant to use it.

I have also email Arctic hopefully they can tell more..

jmjxperia jmjxperia
It does have a number on the label, can we do anything with that? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!

Will keep you posted if have any update
This is what happens when scanning fake QR code.

Box type packaging is hard to identify. Be sure to check the logos and what's written inside it.

I m pretty sure BraveHeart BraveHeart knows better than me.I just referred his blog and made a post here 😊

This is what happens when scanning fake QR code.

Box type packaging is hard to identify. Be sure to check the logos and what's written inside it.

I m pretty sure BraveHeart BraveHeart knows better than me.I just referred his blog and made a post here 😊

I have read the whole thread and indeed it doesnt mean anything when accepting the QR win code. But Arctic can see if this QR code was submitted many times which means the unique QR has been copied probably. For this i guess i have to wait the reply from Arctic, if i ever get that, will keep posting here^^

And yeah for the logos, i have tried to read the letters/words on the hardware logo but the small letters are not readable, i find that fishy, why would you print words that are not readable in the first place?

Reactions: jmjxperia
I have read the whole thread and indeed it doesnt mean anything when accepting the QR win code. But Arctic can see if this QR code was submitted many times which means the unique QR has been copied probably. For this i guess i have to wait the reply from Arctic, if i ever get that, will keep posting here^^

And yeah for the logos, i have tried to read the letters/words on the hardware logo but the small letters are not readable, i find that fishy, why would you print words that are not readable in the first place?
Thats a point..Better get reply from Arctic support regarding the packaging flaw .

WOW, this thread has progressed so much and helped a lot of people. jmjxperia jmjxperia nice work man!

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_165040.jpg
    IMG_20210715_165040.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210715_165116.jpg
    IMG_20210715_165116.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210715_165031.jpg
    IMG_20210715_165031.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210715_165102.jpg
    IMG_20210715_165102.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210715_165108.jpg
    IMG_20210715_165108.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210715_165125.jpg
    IMG_20210715_165125.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210715_165131.jpg
    IMG_20210715_165131.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
It's original.For further confirmation,you can scan the QR code from Scratch and Win .
Scanning the QR code in the image he posted brings up the counterfeit warning. However, i have two tubes of MX-4 in packaging identical to the images he posted, and all three appear to have unique, individualized QR codes. With the two i have, the code is a metalic sticker that creates a "VOID" pattern when peeled off, which seems totally legit. This makes me wonder if there might be an issue with the Arctic website that is producing false positive counterfeit warnings.20210903_202055.jpg20210903_202110.jpg20210903_202140.jpg

Last edited:
Scanning the QR code in the image he posted brings up the counterfeit warning. However, i have two tubes of MX-4 in packaging identical to the images he posted, and all three appear to have unique, individualized QR codes. With the two i have, the code is a metalic sticker that creates a "VOID" pattern when peeled off, which seems totally legit. This makes me wonder if there might be an issue with the Arctic website that is producing false positive counterfeit warnings.View attachment 399View attachment 400View attachment 401
Never mind. In spite of the identical packaging, one of them is definitely fake. Based on what I've read, i believe that the lighter colored paste is the real one.
20210903_221030.jpg

I am a victim of this fake product I found out when it was too late but I tried the paste anyways and I am surprised to see that my temps are actually good, I am not saying that the fake is better than original.
This post is to give awareness to the customers who are going to buy Arctic Mx 4 thermal compound. Arctic MX4 is one of the most popular thermal compounds out there in the market due to its good thermal conductivity of 8.5 W/(mK) and relatively at a reasonable price compared to the competitors like Noctua, Cooler Master, Arctic Silver, etc.

I recently noticed mixed reviews on many e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Newegg, Ali express where customers were complaining and questioning about its authenticity. Few of the sellers are selling the compound at half the actual price. Even I was confused about why customers giving mixed reviews even though it's a proven thermal compound. I browsed every forum and other sites to know about this. Finally, I found a Korean site that compares fake and original Arctic MX-4. As you know, imitation won't perform as good as the original. I will post the link below this post to give full credits to that author.

There are few factors to differentiate between counterfeit and original that I found from the article. I m sharing only the package differences.

1.Main important one is the QR code that the Arctic has provided

The cover of both original and fake looks exactly the same, but you know fake cannot be the same as the original.

View attachment 311 View attachment 312

So both look exactly the same right. There is a catch, check the difference in QR code. The right one is the original, you know why?

View attachment 317

If you look at the upper left corner of the QR code, they are easy to distinguish, the Pyramid-shaped is genuine.
Note that both genuine and fake QR codes let you redirect to the ARCTIC MX4 website.

2.Durability logo, and Color mix

8 Year durability logo: the genuine product is consistent with the silver line at the bottom, but the fake is printed off because there is no bottom line.

The color mix of silver is off if you look closely as if it was photocopied.

View attachment 314 View attachment 315

3.Noticible backside logos

Below the original log. In fake, the font of 'r' is different. The genuine product does not have a concave corner.

View attachment 319

Hardware Logo,in fake its written (aceoeoxvnmosaur swcsxvomensrzn?? while in original DAS HARDWARE MAGAZIN FÜR PC SPIELER
CarbonNeutral logo: The darkness and paleness of the green are different.

View attachment 323
Fake

View attachment 321
Genuine

Yellow Stars: The resolution inside the star is blurred, so it appears to be a star with a faint pattern in monochrome rather than three-dimensional.

View attachment 322

4.QR code Scan And Win

QR code on the back is a QR code for the 1000$ receiving event, which should look different for each product, but all the items are the same. If you check Aliexpress, you will get what I meant(not all the aliexpress sellers are selling fake)

View attachment 316

A few months back, Arctic updated their packaging into box type. As far as I know and by the article where I got the information, box packaged Arctic thermal compounds are genuine.

475fc38b-0ae0-4a91-8035-093c663b3696.83c1749906167ac7414c85570ff9b3ac.jpeg

I hope this post will benefit customers like me.

Source: