Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solved What is Gay Gun in CSGO? and why people hate gay gun?

Hank

Noobie
Dec 30, 2016
Recently i have noticed that opponent team players are saying not to use a gay gun while in the match. Which gun is Counter-Strike Global Offensive is called a gay gun? And why do people hate it so much? I have seen some real aggression towards it!

Solution

Gay-Gun:

Gay-Gun is a term used in the video game Counter-Strike which refers to guns like the G3SG1 and the SCAR-20. Players using these guns are criticized as "Gay Gunners"
Gay-Guns receive so much hate because players using them tend to camp at a safe spot and easily gun down opponents.

Well, I use the auto snipers. Mainly due to the fact I kept suffering for kills, I wasn't used to the insane amount of spread that auto guns had as compared to other games, nor became I used to the manner bolt movements work in this sport so I struggled for a while, so even P90 and scoped rifles didn't help. And in every game I play I use semi-auto snipers. What's incorrect with them? I wasn't in a position to absolutely even get a hit the usage of the AK but after using autos for a while I got many kills with the AK 47. Why do players hate auto snipers so much?

Reactions: Hank
CSGO is a very competitive skill based game and a lot of the fan base has dedicated hours and years to playing the game and getting better at it. When they are killed by and auto-sniper or a p90 they feel like they have been cheated in some way because they spent a lot of time learning recoil pattern etc and then someone killed them with a gun that they consider to be easy to use (as opposed to one that has a learning curve where you start off horrible with it but over time you master it).

At the end of the day the players are just salty and toxic. Use whatever guns you feel comfortable with and most importantly whatever guns you have fun using.

It's also good to note that with some practice the AWP is a lot more powerful than an auto-sniper and the AK is a lot more powerful than a P90 so the people you are killing actually have an advantage over you. So you're getting those kills fair and square mate.

Reactions: Hank and pr0ph3t

Gay-Gun:

Gay-Gun is a term used in the video game Counter-Strike which refers to guns like the G3SG1 and the SCAR-20. Players using these guns are criticized as "Gay Gunners"
Gay-Guns receive so much hate because players using them tend to camp at a safe spot and easily gun down opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It's in the game anyway so what's the point in hating them.

Spongebob Squarepants Ngapa GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

Gay-Gun:

Yeah but, the AWP receives the same use most of the time, alongside the Negev and M249, so are these guns also that bad? Besides, the use is to no fault to the weapon, but to the person using it, as these weapons can also be used effectively while rushing on all ranges, so rushing with the gun is bad too?

I don't understand why they are so hated, like camping is something done mostly with the AWP yet the SCAR-20 and G3SG1 are the weapons that are hated because of camping?

Just simply dumb when you think about it.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
Yeah but, the AWP receives the same use most of the time, alongside the Negev and M249, so are these guns also that bad? Besides, the use is to no fault to the weapon, but to the person using it, as these weapons can also be used effectively while rushing on all ranges, so rushing with the gun is bad too?

I don't understand why they are so hated, like camping is something done mostly with the AWP yet the SCAR-20 and G3SG1 are the weapons that are hated because of camping?

Just simply dumb when you think about it.
Yeah i too dont like people saying this, but sadly that's how people are. The weapon is in the game and we cant use it! :( And if we ignore such players they will kick us from the game.

I know it's been a very long time but i want to say, players sometimes use it as a derogatory way to refer to the Negev, a machine gun in the game. Now, why the hate? Well, some players find the Negev to be a bit overpowered, especially in certain situations. It's got a high rate of fire and can mow down enemies pretty quickly, which can be frustrating to play against. Plus, its distinctive sound and spray pattern make it stand out even more. As for the aggression you've noticed, it's unfortunate. Gaming communities can sometimes be toxic, and people might express their frustration in not-so-nice ways. Keep practicing, find the weapons that work best for your playstyle, and most importantly, have fun! And hey, if you're looking to boost your rank, I've heard good things about Welcome to Boosteria - Multi-Boosting Project №1 . Might be worth checking out.

Last edited: