Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Solved What Resolution should i use for creating a resume in Adobe XD or Figma

SiSilly

Registered
Nov 4, 2020
I want to create a resume in Adobe XD, I have used a plugin called Artboard for PDF in XD to get A4 paper sizes but it's perfect for A4 but when I compare my resume to other resumes I found online, mine is different. Mine is a bit more narrow and longer in height. So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here, what resolution I should use?

Solution
Resumes can be made at A4 size.. you know.. content and presentation are the key.. yeah if your resume is not in the correct aspect ratio then it may look awkward unless you intentionally design it in a different way. You see a difference in width because like you said you create an A4 size artboard while all the resumes you saw were created in letter format. It's like an unofficial standard everyone makes their resume in letter format, even resumes generated by LinkedIn.
So in order to perfect your resume, create it on an artboard with a letter paper resolution and that will be: 612 x 792 where 612 is the width and 792 is the height.

Hope that helps.
Resumes can be made at A4 size.. you know.. content and presentation are the key.. yeah if your resume is not in the correct aspect ratio then it may look awkward unless you intentionally design it in a different way. You see a difference in width because like you said you create an A4 size artboard while all the resumes you saw were created in letter format. It's like an unofficial standard everyone makes their resume in letter format, even resumes generated by LinkedIn.
So in order to perfect your resume, create it on an artboard with a letter paper resolution and that will be: 612 x 792 where 612 is the width and 792 is the height.

Hope that helps.

Solution

Sponsored