Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Why is there difference between running a bot on rpi versus server

bava

Noobie
May 31, 2018
I wrote a telegram bot in python.
source : bavaa/bammardi_bot

When I run it on server it works fine, But when I run it on rpi it works same with small Facebook vedios though when I try to download lengthy vedio from Facebook it downloads but never uploads it to Telegram.

Question : What is stopping rpi to upload the vedio on Telegram?

Reactions: Abhiram Shibu
I wrote a telegram bot in python.
source : bavaa/bammardi_bot

When I run it on server it works fine, But when I run it on rpi it works same with small Facebook vedios though when I try to download lengthy vedio from Facebook it downloads but never uploads it to Telegram.

Question : What is stopping rpi to upload the vedio on Telegram?
Actually there an't any difference. Its just the architecture which is different (there are many other differences but they don't do much in high level). If your code is in python or java, it may just work directly. But if its C or C++ you may have to recompile it on rpi. But if those has embedded assembly or use some hardware specific feature which is only available in x86_64 then, you are out of luck. But otherwise it will be fine. You can also write workarounds for that special feature if it is possible.

So short answer is Raspberry Pi is just another linux computer, thats all end of the story. Everything that works in x86_64 will work recompiled in Raspberry PI except some exception which are negligible.

My question to you is what do you think is different?

Actually there an't any difference. Its just the architecture which is different (there are many other differences but they don't do much in high level). If your code is in python or java, it may just work directly. But if its C or C++ you may have to recompile it on rpi. But if those has embedded assembly or use some hardware specific feature which is only available in x86_64 then, you are out of luck. But otherwise it will be fine. You can also write workarounds for that special feature if it is possible.

So short answer is Raspberry Pi is just another linux computer, thats all end of the story. Everything that works in x86_64 will work recompiled in Raspberry PI except some exception which are negligible.

My question to you is what do you think is different?
My wild guess is the resource allocation strategy is different.
The vedio is downloaded in rpi perfectly, But it isn't uploading to Telegram. So this meams their must be some differences.

My wild guess is the resource allocation strategy is different.
The vedio is downloaded in rpi perfectly, But it isn't uploading to Telegram. So this meams their must be some differences.
Not really, just write a bot to send a file ( to test ) also check if the file is above the limit. Also is there free space to upload (it may copy to temp dir)

Sponsored

Topics You Missed

Latest Posts