Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Will Nokia bring back physical QWERTY?

Gokul raj

Noobie
Jan 18, 2017
As many of you know, Nokia is on the rice again with their recent release of the Nokia 6 (which sold out surprisingly fast) and the upcoming Nokia 8. I am really looking forward to getting me one of the new Nokias.

However, my interest lies more in a dead chapter: Phones with physical qwerty-keyboards. There were only a few brands aside from blackberry who ever made them, and Nokia was one of the best, with a legacy of their communicator-series and later on their N-, and E-series of phones. The only thing that kept me from getting the E7 was the OS, Symbian 3. So I went for an android with physical qwerty (the Sony Xperia Mk16) when replacing my Nokia C6-00. When the day finally came for replacing the Xperia I had a real hard time finding a phone I really like. And while my current Huawei is good, I have never managed to like typing on a touchscreen. I really, REALLY want physical qwerty back.

So my hope is, that Nokia will find its way back to its communicator- and business-phone roots and bring us a new, landscape-oriented phone with full qwerty keyboard. I don't care if it is a bit thicker. Make it 4.6 - 5 inches with full physical qwerty and you'll have yourself a buyer (me). And I do believe many business people would think the same.

What do you guys think? Do you think there will ever be a chance to get physical qwerty back again?

Sponsored