Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Windows restarts when i click shutdown

pr0ph3t

Expert
⚔️ MOD
Dec 30, 2016
Whenever i trying to shutdown my windows 10 it just restarts and then again ill have to select shutdown from the lock screen to make it turn off.
Any one else facing this?

Still having that issue?
Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Whenever i trying to shutdown my windows 10 it just restarts and then again ill have to select shutdown from the lock screen to make it turn off.
Any one else facing this?
One thing you can do is to unplug your front panels power switch and reset switch. Jumper motherboard with screwdriver and than shut down. Does it stay off.

Your computer is acting like when you hot wire your 24 pin plug to always be on. One more test is to just unplug your power supply first from the wall

hold down power switch 20 seconds to drain

than motherboard connectors .............Hard Drives..................Fans..............

plug power supply solo back into wall...........does the power supply start to run?

If you have RGB lights unplug them for testing.

Reactions: pr0ph3t
One thing you can do is to unplug your front panels power switch and reset switch. Jumper motherboard with screwdriver and than shut down. Does it stay off.

Your computer is acting like when you hot wire your 24 pin plug to always be on. One more test is to just unplug your power supply first from the wall

hold down power switch 20 seconds to drain

than motherboard connectors .............Hard Drives..................Fans..............

plug power supply solo back into wall...........does the power supply start to run?

If you have RGB lights unplug them for testing.
I can easily shutdown by clicking the power button on case. This issue happen most of the time when i click the shutdown option from windows.

Reactions: meeke