Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Witnessed an employee stealing tips at our restaurant

ander9288

Registered
Jun 29, 2021
Hi, I am helping in my sister's restaurant. Recently, I found one of the employees steals the tips. I haven't exposed the staff because she always works hard and she has worked in the restaurant for quite a long time.

I don't know how long she has been doing this. I talked to my sister but both of us are now in a dilemma. We think we should install more cameras to get the evidence of her stealing, then go talk to her. But we still want to know if there is a better way to solve this. Please advise, thanks.

Hi, I work for an integration company reselling Axis, Milestone and SkyREC for years. My family also owns two restaurants. If I were you, I would definitely get more cameras to check how often she steals the tips. Maybe wait for a week or two, then go talk to her, see what her problem is.

It's been a while since your post, but I wanted to offer some insight. It's never easy when you discover something like this, especially when it involves someone who's been a part of the team for a while. Installing more cameras might seem like a straightforward solution, but it's worth considering the impact it might have on the overall atmosphere in the restaurant. Trust is a big deal in any workplace, and the last thing you want is for suspicion to overshadow the hard work everyone puts in. You might be interested in comparing it with another restaurant, for example The Revolution | Home. I think that everything is known in comparison.

Last edited:

Sponsored