A request to the nursing house with our love to granny

Hello, everyone! I would like to ask a questions about old people caring.

So my grandma is too old to live by herself. Our family decided to send her to a nursing house, although we don't really want to do it, we have no choices since no one can full-time take care of granny. The environment of the nursing house is nice and we pay for a single room for gramma for her comfort. But still, we want to make sure grandma is taken good care, so we would like to request for installing a camera in grandma’s room.

I have never heard anyone around me doing this before. In case this is a very weird request, I want to check first if any nursing houses you know would agree to do so, and is it legal? In short, has anyone done this before to put cameras inside the room of the nursing house? Any comment would be appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: Jacksparow
Hello, everyone! I would like to ask a questions about old people caring.

So my grandma is too old to live by herself. Our family decided to send her to a nursing house, although we don't really want to do it, we have no choices since no one can full-time take care of granny. The environment of the nursing house is nice and we pay for a single room for gramma for her comfort. But still, we want to make sure grandma is taken good care, so we would like to request for installing a camera in grandma’s room.

I have never heard anyone around me doing this before. In case this is a very weird request, I want to check first if any nursing houses you know would agree to do so, and is it legal? In short, has anyone done this before to put cameras inside the room of the nursing house? Any comment would be appreciated. Thank you!

I've done many installation to the healthcare industry including hospitals and nursing houses. Usually, it's not allowed to put cameras inside the room but public areas. There are many reasons, but essentially, the room of the nursing house is equal to the house of your granny. So, it's quite important to keep her privacy, don't you think?

My grandparents stay in a special nursing home in New York. I call it special because my parent and the owner have been good friends since high school.

The nursing home is not luxury but pretty comfortable, and they provide single rooms equipped with cameras for the family to access only. The camera brand I saw in the room is Axis and the software we access is Skyrec. But most important of all, the nursing room asked for our permission including my grandparents' that agree to take the room with security cameras.

Let me know if you need some information to talk to the nursing room. Or if you live not far from New York, you should come to the one we chose.

Sponsored