Featured 

Can room air coolers damage electronics?

I was thinking about buying a room air cooler, the ones that use water for cooling. And I'm having a thought that whether it can damage any electronics in the room like laptops or desktops? Has anyone experienced such a problem?

Casual gamer, Full-time UX designer & technology enthusiast 🤗
View all 2 featured items

pr0ph3t

Expert
⚔️ MOD
Dec 30, 2016
I was thinking about buying a room air cooler, the ones that use water for cooling. And I'm having a thought that whether it can damage any electronics in the room like laptops or desktops? Has anyone experienced such a problem?

Brackwom

Noobie
May 25, 2021
Evaporative air coolers produce, moister airflow that gradually raises the humidity level in your room but not too much that can damage your devices. On the other hand, Air coolers intake fresh, dry air.

You may reduce the humidity in your room by following some simple guidelines.
  • Ventilation in the room.
  • Use charcoal briquettes in the room.
  • Do not plant in the room.

Abhiram Shibu

Veteran
Jan 1, 2017
As long as you have windows open and room is not too cold.. like there is some metal which is below room temperature significantly, it won't affect. Just a note if turned off electroinics is somehow taken from somewhere cold into a room with high amount of humidity, then it will be a problem..

Sponsored

Topics You Missed

Latest Posts