Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Moving Windows from HDD to SSD

littlewit

Dec 31, 2016
Hey! So for the last few years my system has been running on a 1 TB Hitachi HDD so I recently bought a 480 GB Kingston SSD to speed things up a bit . So i was reading around on how to clone/transfer my OS to the SSD and i could not find a solid answer , so my question is : is it possible for me to move the OS , browser onto the SSD ? if so how do i do it ? or is there any other way to do it ? Sorry for sounding like such a noob haha Im not really good with software .

Thankssss!!
biggrin.png

Hey! So for the last few years my system has been running on a 1 TB Hitachi HDD so I recently bought a 480 GB Kingston SSD to speed things up a bit . So i was reading around on how to clone/transfer my OS to the SSD and i could not find a solid answer , so my question is : is it possible for me to move the OS , browser onto the SSD ? if so how do i do it ? or is there any other way to do it ? Sorry for sounding like such a noob haha Im not really good with software .

Thankssss!!
biggrin.png
Found a solution, read this> http://windowsreport.com/move-windows-10-ssd/

Reactions: sourabh005
well, cloning and transferring are two different approaches, and it really does depend on what your trying to accomplish. If you absolutely have software you cant reinstall otherwise (i.e: company software, proprietary closed source tailored software, etc..) then cloning is probably a good way to go, otherwise i would just recommend a clean install, or the lazy way of doing this to just install your preferred OS on your SSD , move all your files to specific folders in you 1 Tb HDD, and then re-link you download, document and desktop folders to point to your folders on your HDD, not only will this increase your SSD life expectancy (less r/w) but its also less of a hassle.

Sponsored